The Fareast 28R is a fun boat to sail, light and fast. Speeds in excess of 20kn are on the menu (see movie)
The design features high stability which translates into great control and ease of handling. Not only for racing, it also forms a safe platform to go out with family and friends, or when teaching your kids the beauty of sailing.
Features of the 28R:
- Easy to control boat
- Very large cockpit and uncluttered deck layout for easy handling
- Great fun downwind (see 20kn movie under pictures)
- Modern European design
- Light and strong, Vinylester vacuum infused foam sandwich construction weighing only 1350Kg.
- Top quality deck gear from Harken, Spinlock and Selden rigging
- Easy trailable, ATM under 2000kg
- Fully retractable keel, ramp launchable, manually mast stepping
- Single lifting point on the keel-fin for easy hardstand storage
- ISAF approved One Design. 12 sold in Australia and 2 in NZ (500+ World wide
- Proven race winner in mixed fleets
- Offering extreme good value and fun for money
- Very short delivery times
The design of the Fareast 28R builds on the latest yacht racing technologies. The hull has soft chines contributing to a high form stability and the carbon keel fin with lead bulb provides the best possible righting moment. Weight and wetted surface are kept to an absolute minimum, the result is a yacht that is easy to sail fast. The 28R has a proven race record, results and fast downwind movies can be found on our website and FB page.
The 28R is an ISAF approved One Design class. With over 500 Fareast 28R's sold worldwide, Class racing is taking off in many countries. 3 Nationals have already been sailed in Australia and the next Nationals will be at Sail Port Stephens 2021. Worlds 2021 will be held in Kiel Germany (if not restricted by Covid)
Please contact us if you like to have a closer look at the Fareast 28R.
29' 8" - 9.05m
Keel / Ballast
Carbon keel fin with 600kg lead torpedo bulb
Composite - Vacuum infused foam sandwich
Vacuum infused foam sandwich
Optional 5 hp
Manually operated in Cockpit
Optional Velocitec Pro Start or similar.
Instument packages available on request
Optional UK sailmakers black Aramid Membrane Main and Jib + A-Sym max Class Kite (80m2) for $9950. See price list for further details
Mast / Rigging
Double spreader Selden Rig with Cathedrals
Harken - Spinlock
Optional Custom made 8m double axle trailer (ATM 2000Kg)