Description: 81ft luxury Caribbean based Sailing Yacht
This one owner yacht has always been maintained in pristine condition and is fully prepared for charter or sail-away comfortable world cruising. The Doug Peterson Performance Schooner was designed for long range cruising and built in Guernsey by Aqua Star. The owners commissioned the build plus oversaw all her superior construction including many customized additions such as a fuller and longer stern section. It is fully airconditioned and features 5 ensuite queen staterooms. Currently operating as a successful lifestyle charter business. This magnificent vessel was built to endure the worldï¿½s oceans and upgraded with the latest technology. On the wind she reaches speeds of 8-10 knots and off the wind can exceed 22 knots. Purchase with option to operate your own Caribbean charter business anywhere from Grenada to the Virgin Islands. The yacht is offered with a British Virgin Island corporate limited company, for tax advantages plus an active Charter Agent. Currently receiving $24K US Dollars 8 people for one week. Owners also have a safe and secure location to haul out during the off season. If required an out of water survey can be completed in Trinidad or Martinique. Current owners are looking at retirement and are confident this often-admired yacht will continue to offer a new owner the same excitement and lifestyle they have enjoyed over many years.
SeaBoats are International Ship Brokers & Yacht Brokers, marketing and selling a wide range of boats and ships, recreational and commercial, new and used, to broad global audiences. Our dedicated international teams of are strategically located around the world and utilize modern communication strategies and a vast network of industry associates.
Whether buying or selling, let the SeaBoats team work for you.
North America and Caribbean
Caribbean US Virgin Islands
Aqua Star Guernsey
81' 0" - 24.70m
Main engine Ford Lehman stationary Tractor 185hp - 7000 hours
Regular service with professional over hauls (last was 2 years ago)
9.7 knots / 18 km/h
Generator Phasor 21KW (new 2 years ago)
5 ensuite queen staterooms (10 guests)
The spacious saloon occupies the full width of the hull at its maximum beam and includes comfortable seating and full-sized dining table
Master cabin with queen size bed, shower and electric toilet
Two Guest cabins each with one queen size bed plus one upper single berth, shower and electric toilet
Two Guest cabins have a queen size bed, shower and electric toilet
Additional 'Crew' cabin forward with twin berths
Fully outfitted for dining up to 15 people
Open grill with overhead extrusion fan, plus level extraction fan
Two sink areas for washing up and prep
Crew Mess seating for 4
56 cubic feet of freezer and refrigeration, cooled by 2 separate water-cooled Cruise Air systems
2 Gageneau Ovens Double burner Halogen gas Gageneau hobs, glass top
Water maker 60 gph Echo Tech
Each cabin fitted with flat screen TV/DVD, CD player, Play Station
iPod player, intercom, FM radio, hair dryer, fans and Air Conditioning
CD library Cell phone DVD library DVD player
Saloon Games console
Indoor audio system iPod dock
Local TV Satellite phone
TV saloon Wi-Fi
Vessel Fully air conditioned 16,000 BTUs throughout
New 14ft Carib dinghy, rebuilt 60hp Yamaha O/B, New 15hp Yamaha for the 11ft AB dinghy
Certified all safety requirement to U. S. Coast Guard standards
2 new 21kw generators
Mastervolt Charger/Inverter to charge battery system
110volt and 220 power
Main engine alternator also charges a separate bank of batteries (sole use for starting)
Shore power 100 amps at either 110 or 220
All the latest Raymarine electronics
New Raymarine radar
New Raymarine meters
New Garmin auto pilot
New freezer unit aft
New dive compressor
Jib number 2 new 2017,
Small Jib, 2013,
Foresail new 2012
Main new 2005 (New one is on order)
Storm Jib, never used
On the wind speeds of 8-10 knots - off the wind can exceed 22 knots
Bauer scuba compressor (new) plus 4 tanks and regulators
Diving - Insured for diving, Diving by arrangement, Snorkeling gear
Refit - equipment replacement and upgrades:
Having owned this stunning yacht from new the owners have always operated a meticulous maintenance program of maintenance, refits and upgrades.
All flooring teak and holly soles stripped and re-varnished March 2015
New AC units installed
Other maintenance and equipment replacements:
1. New Topside Paint job in 2010
2.19inch all in one TV DVD player. New 2013
3. Newly resurfaced teak and holly soles thru the galley. 2015
4. Newly installed Gaggenau double cook top. 2015
5. Newly replaced Hans groghe facets both galley sinks. 2014
6. Brand new heavy teak cutting board/fridge top replaced. 2015
7. New Anchor chain 200 feet Martinique November 2015
8. Cockpit seating area renewed 2014 and 10 new decorative cushions 2015
9. Cockpit awning built new in 2014
10. Both main and aft cockpits painted with awl grip in 2014
11. All the teak and holly soles thru-out the boat, have been stripped and varnished. 2015
12. New washing machine in 2015 November St. Martins
13. Mid ship inverter new Mastervolt in 2013 from Marine Warehouse Trinidad (broke in 2015) second Mastervolt Marine Warehouse in 2015.
14. Foresail replaced in 2012, Renewed sail cover 2015
15.2 New air conditioners aft 16,000 BTUs. 2015 SXM shipped to Trinidad.
16.2 X 21 kw Onan generators aft replaced in 2003. One has new engine in 2013.
17. New CQR 140-pound anchor. 2014. Plus new anchor chain 2015.- 200 feet
18. New Lofran windlass $11,000. Value as a spare. 2015
19. Current Lewmar 3000 Anchor windlass has new motor. 2015.
20. New Raymarine 48inch open array radar with multi-purpose flat screen, GPS, Fish Finder
21. New Raymarine Evolution 400 Auto Pilot, with Number 3 hydraulic pump. 2015
22. New Weems and Plath clock and barometer black finish.
23. New 39inch flat screen tv main saloon and LG surround sound new in 2014.
24. New Apple 21-inch computer with clean new hard drive will go with the yacht.
25. New Carib 15ft open dinghy. 2015
26. New Carib 12ft dinghy with 15 hp Yamaha. 2013. Stolen and replaced new Feb. 2016.
27.4 scuba tanks and brand-new Bauer electric scuba compressor Junior 2. New in 2015.
28. Teak and Mahogany cockpit table completely replaced in 2014.
29. Peake yacht Services removed all antifouling from the bottom of the vessel, including rudder and keel, down to the original blue gelcoat. Gelcoat was in excellent condition. They applied 2 coats Tuff Stuff undercoat, followed by 2 coats of Joton antifouling. 2014.
30. Chart room remodeled to accommodate new instruments and Raymarine components.
31. Brand new 21kw Onan generator installed October 2015.
32. New Bottom antifouling applied October 2015.
33.60 hp Yamaha Outboard Motor (just been overhauled, and new bottom end) 2014
34. New Echo Marine Water maker pump 2015, with a new one as a spare.
35. New bed linens and towel. 2015
36. New Linen napkins 3 sets of 10.2015
37. New set of stainless steel cutlery for charter for 12.2015
38. New leather arm chair in main saloon. 2015
39. New set of 3 main sheet Harken blocks. $800. Each 2015
40. New set of 3 foresail Harken blocks, same as the main. 2014.
41. New Jib sheets 2015.
42. All halyards recently replaced with new.
43. All heads have brand new Whaler Gulper Toilet pumps. Plus 3 spares
44. Two Head doors refurbished with new teak and new mirrors.
45. New stainless-steel Dorado cover bars times 2, one each side. Of cockpit.
46. New Bosuns chair by Harken for up to 220 lbs.
47. Refurbish of 5th Stateroom cabinets, with new coat of awl grip paint.
2016 / through 2017
Replaced the spinnaker halyard.
1 new charger/inverter and 1 charter from Electech for the aft 2016
New batteries, went into the galley, and galley went to the aft.
New toilette pump for aft stbd head. Installed
New breakers in main saloon switchboard
Replaced all deck treed on main saloon steps, sanded and varnished. 2016
New gray paint throughout the galley 2016
New Carib 11ft dinghy with new 15 hp outboard Feb. 2016
New Aft freezer unit installed March 2016. By Permafrost SXM. 1hp motor, water cooled.
New deck switches for the electric fore deck winch
5 new AGM 4D batteries 2016.
Installed new Lofran windlass Dec. 2016.
New water heater mid-section and crew quarters
New TV for crew quarters.
New Jib number 2. Feb 2017
New Battery Caribbean battery 2017
Painted all Blue cabinet faces in all the Heads. Feb 2017
Replaced sink pop up drain in Aft port head. March 2017
Replaced crew quarters head shower controls. April 2017