Kookaburra III is a very noteworthy and historic sailing yacht that has had a detailed refit to an incredible standard.
She presents like a new 12 Metre, with a lot of attention paid to restore the equipment onboard rather than replacing.
She was the 12 Metre selected to defend the America's Cup for Australia in 1987.
She was the third yacht built by Kookaburra Challenge (Task Force 87), constructed by the team in Perth, Western Australia in 1986.
She won the final defender series comfortably, but unfortunately was defeated by Stars and Stripes in the Final of the America's Cup in 1987.
A year later the team attended and won the 1988 12 Metre World Championship in Lulea, Sweden.
Kookaburra III is now available, and ready for another World Championship win!
Iain Murray and John Swarbrick
Parry Boat builders- Task Force 87
67' 7" - 20.60m
Keel / Ballast
Jabsco electric flush toilet - 2 x stainless steel through hull fittings have been fitted for operation of the toilet
Mooring lines, fenders, shore power cable, boom cover, various covers, etc
- 2 x Lewmar 90 skirt top primaries with speed ring bases (4 speed)
- 1 x Lewmar 90 Self tailing mainsheet winch (3 speed)
- 2 x Lewmar 46 Self tailing traveller winches
- 3 x Lewmar 54 Self tailing pit winches
- 1 x Lewmar 50 Self tailing fore guy winch
- 2 x Harken 980.3 3-speed Self tailing runner winches
To be audited at time of survey
Bilge pumps 2 x Manual operated from deck and 1 x electric
2x 12V Rolls Engineering S12-95 AGM house batteries
- Mastervolt 12V/25Amp battery charger for when non shore power
- 8 x Breaker switch board with voltage meter
- Marco Marine 28L/ min Electric Bilge Pump with float switch and high-water alarm
- Electric flush Jabsco marine toilet
- Watertight USB sockets
- 2 x 220V GPO when on shore power
B&G WTP Processor for processing of all input data
2 x paddle wheels for boat speed (port and starboard)
- Depth and temperature sensor
- MH unit fitted to top of mast
- WTP rate gyro compass
- Halcyon compass
- Load cell pin for forestay load
- String pot sensor for trim tab position
- Furuno GP-37 GPS
2 x H3000 GFD's mounted on deck
- 2 x 20/20's mounted in mainsheet island
- 5 x 20/20's on the mast
- Any tablet or computer connected to wifi onboad
Additional items include Linksys Wireless Broadband router, tablet/ laptop connectivity, 2 x HH VHF chargers, tablet battery charger.
Mainsail North 3Di
Mast / Rigging
Fitted with her Original fractional, 2 spreader (with jumpers) alloy rig which has been completely re-fitted and painted. All new standing and running rigging fitted.
The mast is adjustable fore and aft at the deck to ultimately control the sail plan in various conditions.
As such, the mast has sliders fitted at deck level to alloy it to move in the collar.
New Stainless steel tie rods have been fitted to link the standing rigging to the actual chain plates which are underdeck.
All underdeck rigging systems have been updated including through deck sheave boxes, tackle blocks and all lines.
Carbon fibre boom with original vang set up and outhaul ram fitted.
The deck gear was all completely removed during the refit and re-used if possible or replaced with modern Harken or Lewmar equipment including all genoa, vang and traveller tracks which are Harken as well as replacement blocks where required.