Description: JFA 54 Lift swing keel performance sailing yacht
SHALLOW DRAFT LIFT HYDRAULIC SWING KEEL AND TWIN RUDDERS.... Built 1999, launched 2000. Just returned from a two handed cruise to Japan, Russia, Kodiak, Alaska, Seattle, US West Coast, Mexico, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Brisbane over the last two and a half years so had a major refit in preparation for this amazing voyage and has just returned to water after a ten day refit.
This is no ordinary run of the mill, mass produced yacht... Her peers are superyachts... Her birthplace the world famous superyacht builder JFA Marine....
CHECK OUT THE JFA WEBSITE: http://www. Jfa-yachts. Com/EN/index. Php/yachts
Designed by France's leading naval architects, Berret Racoupeau of La Rochelle.
She sports a JFA designed hydraulic, swing lift keel which reduces draft from 3m to 1.6m. Twin rudders gives superb control / balance and directional stability, improved by her lightweight, strong carbon fibre rig.
The weather protected twin steering stations are forward under the hardtop and strata glass clears, the teak laid aft cockpit with table and seating for ten is perfect for socialising at anchor.
The owner's ensuited stateroom is forward and has a queen bed to port and has plenty of storage cupboards and two hanging lockers
There are two double cabins aft in the quarters.
The dining area is forward of the galley and seats eight.
There is a dedicated raised navigation station to stbd opposite the well equipped galley.
Ultra sonic cleena hull fitted to keep underwater surfaces including swing keel hydraulic ram clean.
Gold Coast Region Coomera QLD
JFA Concarneau, France
54' 1" - 16.48m
Keel / Ballast
Swing lead keel (4500 kgs)
12mm Teak over aluminium.
* Yanmar 4JH2-UTE 4 cylinder 100hp turbo charged diesel (cruise 7 kts)
* Serviced injectors (January 2020 in Seattle)
* Oil Change, cooling system chemical flushed. (2020)
* 2 new mounts on gen set (2020)
* Custom Yanmar recessed instrument panel with Lexan cover plate
* Morse control gear shift and throttle
* Twin balanced rudders with JP3 self-aligned bearings
* Twin wheels with cable steering through Whitlock sheaves
* Electrically operated rule main bilge pump with bilge alarm
* Manually cockpit operated Johnson bilge pump
* Edson giant moveable manual crash pump
6 -7 kts under power
The port quarter cabin sleeps two in two singles, there is a double in the starboard aft quarter cabin. Both cabins share a bathroom in the starboard side behind the nav station.
Moving forward, the navigation station is to starboard opposite the superbly equipped U-shaped galley.
The galley is equipped with heaps of drawers, cupboards, twin sinks, pressure H& C water, LPG oven and stove, microwave, front opening refrigeration and top loading freezer.
Take one step down to the saloon, which has u-shaped seating for six around a large table with a pilot berth/ settee for four, opposite.
The owners stateroom is located forward, with a queen size pullman berth to port, seating opposite, lots of cupboards, drawers and finally the bathroom forward on the centreline.
* Sandstone look Corian counter tops, teak fiddles and teak cupboard fronts.
* Stainless steel double sink recessed below Corian with deluxe hot/cold faucet, Seagull water purification system.
* Storage area below sinks for cleaning supplies and garbage with front facing access
* 3 burner Force 10 propane/grill/oven with slide away oven door recess [new 2007] and stainless steel stove bar. Additional storage space below.
* Overhead with integrated lighting
* Sliding silverware drawer access above bench mounted stainless steel front microwave.
* Bench height dinnerware storage for easy access.
* Stand-up pantry storage accommodates dry food stores and all cookware.
* New CAMEC 4 kg front loading washing machine.
* Oze fridge front opening refrigeration [new 2007]. * Oze top opening freezer [new 2007].
* Ecotec 100 ltrs/hr New pump kit in Japan May 2019
* Engine and 240 v heated
* One bathroom to starboard aft, for the two back cabins and the owners ensuite forward.
* 1 x electric macerating head, 1 x manual pump type
3.1 M with cover and new aluminium davits with manual winch system
9.9 hp Mercury (2018)
* New strata glass clears around helm station.
* Awning from back to hardtop to backstays
* Aft cockpit is rain proofed with clears and covers.
* 60 KG Rocna +* 100m x 12mm galvanised chain
* 25 kg Brittany Danforth
* 10m x 12mm chain
* 50m x 25mm 3 standard spare anchor rope
* Maxwell BW 3500 x 24 v (new 2018) with foredeck and cockpit controls
* Parachute Anchor / Drogue
* Harness / inflatable jacket x 2
* Jack lines
* GME 406 EPIRB
* Aluminium emergency tiller
* 1 x electric in lazarette; 1 x 2500 ltr/hr with audible alarm;1 x manual in cockpit
Ocean Safety 4 person (2018) just serviced Sept 2020 packed with EPIRB and extra rations.
*1 in dinghy; 1 on boat
* offshore regulation flare kit
4 x 2 kg dry chemical
* 6 x 268 amp/hr gel mat batteries [new 2018)] providing 800 amp hrs at 24 volts
* 1 x 100 amp hr AC Delco 12 volt start battery for main motor
* 1 x 100 amp hr AC Delco 12 volt start battery for generator
* Link 1000 battery monitor system for house bank
* Mastervolt 110 amp cruising alternator off main engine with Heart 3 stage 24 volt regulator
* Mastervolt 24v/75 amp 240 volt battery charger
* Westerbeke 5.7BTD 24 volt/50hz generator
* Heavy duty general purpose SKOTS kilowatt custom built isolation transformer with buck-booster
* Single phase shore power receptacle for US or Australian outlets
* Battery switches for house, main motor, generator and bow thruster [adjacent to navigation station]
* Deluxe custom built AC/DC electrical panel adjacent to navigation station
* 24 V Mastervolt invertor for entertainment system and general use
* 7 x swivelling chrome reading lamps, halogen overhead lights throughout and flexible lamp at navigation station
* 3 x Cafarimo variable speed fans in cabins
* Air conditioned owners stateroom with feed to saloon
* Retractable bow thruster motor rewound and new seals( 2018)
* D- 400 wind generator.
* SIMRAD autopilot hydraulic
* Raymarine I 50 and I 60 Tri data instrument system
* RM Dragonfly pro 7 depth
* Axiom RM 12" plotter with Navionics platinum SD card for East coast, SE Asia, Japan, Nth Pacific, USA, Mexico, South Pacific
* RM 50 VHF radio system with AIS exterior handset
* Furuno GPS x 2
* Furono 36 miles 2 kilowatt radar
* Tecsup electronic leak test for alloy yachts
* Alpine CD stereo with internal and external speaker system
* Flat screen SONIQ with built in DVD & USB input
* Plastimo Olympic Compass x 2
* Vema water and diesel tank gauges new 2018
* Custom ships light layout panel
* Iridium Sat Phone
* Fully battened Doyle dacron mainsail with lazy jack system (good condition)
* Hyde 100% Genoa [NEW 2015]
* Doyle dacron staysail on furler
Mast / Rigging
* Custom triple spreader carbon fibre mast
* Sterling "oyster white" finish, electric wire runs in conduit.
* Harken main sail track and batcar system, Antal halyard track locking system
* Offshore tricolor, steaming light and deck light, Spreader lights
* Kevlar backstay with Wichard adjustable backstay system
* Navtec discontinuous rod rigging dye tested 2018 passe for 5 years by S&H spars
* Profurl standard and titanium furling system for Genoa and Staysail (new bearing kit staysail 2020)
* New Halyards and Sheets in Seattle 2019
* Plastic extruded Kevlar running backstays
* Spartight mast sealing system renewed 2018 by S & H Spars
* 2 x Harken 2 speed 64 primary winches (serviced 2018)
* 2 x Harken 2 speed 46 secondary runner winches (Serviced 2018)
* 2 x Harken 2 speed 44 main sheet and traveller winches (Serviced 2018)
* 1 x Harken 2 speed 46 electric halyard winch (Motor replaced 2018)
* 1 x Harken 2 speed 46 manual halyard winch (Serviced 2018)
* 3 x harken lock-in winch handles
* 2 x cockpit mounted and one mast mounted PVC winch handle holders
* 8 x Antal jammers for traveller, mainsheet, outhaul, vang and reefing lines [in cockpit]
* Harken Bigboat series mainsheet system mounted on Harken traveller
* Custom curved Harken Genoa tracks with adjustable Barbarosa Cars
* Numerous Harken stand-up deck blocks throughout
* Carbon fibre deck mounted spinnaker pole
* Bow pulpit 316 stainless steel with double rail and off-shore navigation lights
* 316 stainless steel pushpit opening to fold out stern garage/swim platform
* Custom built aluminium dinghy davits mounted on stern.
* Stainless steel swimming ladder custom mounted to rear platform
* Tapered 316 stainless steel stanchions with custom bases
* 6 x Italian Goiot deck cleats
* 13 x Goiot Crystal series articulated hatches in forepeak, forward head, main cabin, saloon, galley, aft head and cabins
* 3 piece acrylic companion way hatches
* Ocean air fly/ sun screens on deck hatches
* New gas rail mounted Galley Mate BBQ (2018)
* Eberspacher D 8 diesel ducted heater( perfect for Tassie and NZ cruising)
This high quality cutter rigged, swing hydraulic keel and twin rudder world cruiser is set up for long distance single handed sailing. The spacious interior is craftsman fitted in varnished timber and the three cabin, two bathroom layout suits a family with children or a couple and occasional crew.
Just returned from an extended Northern Pacific cruise and South Pacific cruise, has been hauled out, everything serviced and bottom freshly antifouled so she is ready to take you on your cruising Dream.
Realistically priced to sell and rare as hen's teeth to find... At build cost was over one million euro, Thunderbird is a bargain....
Conveniently located in our hardstand display area at The Boat Works, Coomera, opposite the Galley Restaurant.
Contact us on 07 5502 3124 or ian Mackenzie on 0419 756 540 or Darryl Wade on 0429 867 913 to arrange an inspection.
DISCLAIMER: The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his surveyor to investigate such details as the buyer desires. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.