New to the market in time for the summer is this fantastic opportunity to own your own immaculately presented superyacht.
Designed by world renowned naval architect Don Brooke and built by Thackwray Yachts in 1980, YONDER STAR has undergone multiple refits including a rebuild in 1999, a full renovation in 2001, and most recently a refurbishment in 2017/18.
Yonder Star is a true Gentleman's yacht; the finish and true attention to detail is a testament to her previous owners. Varnished mahogany, gold coated fittings and soft furnishings hand picked and imported from Europe are complimented by her sleek white and black boot stripe exterior to complete her superyacht finish.
Head below deck to be greeted by multiple split living areas that give a real sense of space and luxury - one that would be expected of a much larger yacht. The lower saloon and formal dining area is easily serviced by the professionally equipped galley which is tucked down off to the port side - accessible yet unobtrusive.
Accommodation is made up of 4 guest cabins + crew cabin. Cabin 1 is a full beam double master cabin with generous ensuite, cabin 2 - double guest cabin with en suite, cabin 3 - forward double guest cabin with heads/day head opposite and cabin 4 is a bow bunk cabin with ensuite and internal/external access if required for crew. The double crew cabin is located midships and has its own en-suite.
An extensive sail wardrobe is complemented by the upgraded alloy rig featuring Leisure Furl booms with fully battened main and mizzen sails. Her large spinnaker and mizzen reacher allow you to lap up the miles on those long downwind legs between the islands.
With an overall length of 87 ft, Yonder Star is your opportunity to own an owner operator superyacht with fantastic ocean cruising ability.
Yonder Star is in current MOSS (Maritime Operator Safety System) - inshore NZ, all waters charter for 26 guests by day and 8 by night. Continue with charters to offset ownership costs or take advantage of the demand for New Zealand's largest NZ flagged luxury charter sailing yacht.
Works completed 2017/2018:
- 6 month haul out in shed at Gulf Harbour in preparation for extended pacific voyage
- Superstructure sand and paint
- Teak deck replaced as required
- Interior steel work sand blasted and repainted
- Black water tank inspection and repaint
- Hull x-ray and repaired incl. New plating and repainted
- Rig removed and x-rayed and old gear and supports removed
- All working sails replaced (mains and jibs)
- All winches refurbished or replaced
- New radar and electronics package installed (Simrad/B&G incl. 2 touchscreens)
- Main boom Leasurefurl replaced
- All furlers refurbished
- Interior refurbished including new squabs, upholstery throughout - Ralph Lauren and carefully selected fabrics
- Lounge area rebuilt and modernised including additional storage
- Fridge/freezers refurbished and pumps/compressors replaced
- New panels around interior windows
- Ceiling lining replaced throughout
- Domestic appliances replaced incl. Microwave, washer/dryer
- Bow thruster reconditioned
- New LED lights throughout
- Cockpit instrument panel replaced
- Electronic barometer installed
- New stereo/amplifier and wireless network installed
- 2x offshore phones
- Replaced SSB
- Main chart table refurbished and simplified
Works completed 2019:
- Standing rigging replaced (stays/shrouds/roped)
- Downlights installed to spreaders
- New generator installed
- New coffee machine
- New SUP's
- Shorepower transformers replaced
- New carpets throughout - hand selected and imported from Italy
Works completed 2021:
- Topsides paint and antifoul (Superyacht Coatings Tauranga)
- New 24v house and electronic batter banks and new 100amp charger
- New bow thruster hydraulic pro clutch
- Capping rail fully stripped and recoated with new varnish
- Portholes removed and refurbished
- New boot/waterline
- New hot water cylinders
- New bedding throughout
- Brass instruments/fittings electroplated in gold
- Pilothouse floor re-varnished
- Tender refurbished including engine recondition, new lift/pump for engine, fishing/ski tow arch installed w/spotlight and AIS installed
- New LED mast up lights fitted
- Tender davits refurbished
Works completed 2022:
- Hauled for 5 year survey
- Hull x-rayed
- New Antifoul
- Bow thrusters serviced
- Through hull fittings and valves replaced
- Prop and shaft removed, reconditioned and reinstalled
- New washing machine
- New Radio Batteries x2
- New 24v engine and genset start batteries x4
- 2x inflatable SUP's
- 2x Ocean kayaks
- 4 bottle dive compressor
- 4.2m tender w/50hp Yamaha outboard, ski tow arch & separate AIS
Yonder Star is priced at $1,500,000 NZD for a prompt sale and includes NZ GST.
Viewings will be available by appointment in Auckland's Viaduct Harbour from 19th September.
Disclaimer: We have, in preparing this information, used our best endeavors to ensure that the information contained therein is true and accurate, but accept no responsibility and disclaim all liability in respect of any errors, inaccuracies or misstatements contained herein. Parties interested in any Ray White Marine services and/or products should make their own inquiries to verify the information contained herein.